Event Host & Axe Throwing Coach – Kitchener
About Us: We’re an events based company that offers fun experiences to large groups for birthday parties, corporate events & bachelor/bachelorette parties. We’re an easy going group that’s expanding across Canada and the United States and need the assistance of a part-time Events Manager. We are seeking energetic & outgoing individuals to coordinate and host events at our Kitchener location! We are searching for fun, upbeat individuals!
The most important characteristics of our Events Manager is that they LOVE coordinating and hosting events. Our company encourages building rapport with our guests and ensuring everyone is having a great time! Event Managers possess stellar public communication skills and the ability to engage large groups of people.
What We Will Provide:
- A paid training program that will give you all the skills required to succeed
- A chance to learn from industry leaders in the entertainment/hospitality industry
- An opportunity to work for an organization that sells FUN!
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED JUST AN AWESOME ATTITUDE!
As an Events Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Coordinate and prepare for the event prior to the guests arrival
- Prepare personalized event details (birthday parties, corporate events)
- Meet and greet guests upon arrival
- Conduct a welcome introduction
- Process “Check-in” of all guests
- Responsible for collecting and processing all payments
- Conduct informative and energetic orientation
- Get guests excited, energized and ready to have a great time!
- Responsible for organizing and engaging party guests through interactive games and tournaments (training will be provided).
- Engages with each guests throughout event to ensure a personalized service is provided
- Wrap up the event and encourage referrals
- Supports the execution of internal and external promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Anticipates and interprets the needs of the guests
- Establishes relationships with local businesses and create brand awareness of our company.
- Maintains regular contact and communication via phone and email with the management team and the customer service team.
This job might be for you if:
- You are upbeat, outgoing, professional and well spoken. You are comfortable speaking on the phone and through email communication.
- You enjoy engaging with guests and being creative. You are able to create an environment that breaths fun.
- You possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. You are motivated and driven.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you learn quickly. When things change, you can roll with the punches.
- You are able to use a smartphone (Android/Apple) with ease.
- You are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference!
- You have a flexible schedule and are available on weekends and weekday evenings
- You’re seeking part time work that is so much fun, it doesn’t feel like work!
To land this gig, you need to have some experience in customer service or working with people. It doesn’t need to be traditional customer service experience, we are a unique employer looking for unique individuals! Just make sure we can see that you have people superpowers in your cover letter!
How to apply: Send us your resume with a cover letter telling us why we should hire you! Please use the subject line “Kitchener – Events Manager”.
Hourly rate: $17/hour + great tips
We can’t wait to meet you!